V1.1 now available with a couple of previous issues corrected.
- Designed to drive two HUB-ee BMD-S wheels with optional quadrature encoder feedback. (enabled via jumpers)
- On board open collector drivers with noise filters for both pairs of sensors.
- Large prototyping area.
A few big changes for this updated shield design, the main thing was to get rid of the Micro-MaTch connectors and replace them with straight 0.1 inch headers - these headers match the headers on the connector breakout board and mini-cable splitter so you now have a choice: You can solder a cable directly to the board, solder on a breakout board, or solder on a splitter for dual sync drive.
Kit contains through-hole plated PCB, headers, connectors and components.
The prototyping area has been increased and the power distribution improved.
- The Arduino VIn pin is now protected with a diode - this prevents any motors receiving power when the USB programming cable is plugged in.
- The power in headers are isolated with a jumper, allowing you to attach a switch if required (or just solder a link in place)
- There is now a power bus on the board called VIO that connects to a jumper allowing you to select an appropriate power source for other peripherals (3.3V or 5V) depending on the Arduino voltage.
Prototyping shield resources page - Additional resources and guides.
No posts found